Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Tokyo Trip Part 1

The Imperial Palace Outer Gardens
On a boat ride at Disney Sea
Disney's own train system
Crossing the street
Waiting to cross the street

Back in March Howard and I went to Tokyo and Kyoto Japan for 6 days by ourselves!  It was a wonderful second honeymoon since our first one really wasn't a trip since we got married so fast and didn't plan much of anything except the wedding licence.  Mainland Japan is awesome!  Okinawa is great, but just in a different way.  In Tokyo there are SO MANY PEOPLE!!!  Pictures just don't do it justice.  It's so busy and I'm glad I didn't have my kids with me, I think I would have lost them.  We are so fortunate to be in the military because that was probably the only way we could have afforded our trip.  All around the world the military has exclusive hotels for service members and their families to stay in.  Some are nicer than others, but overall they are great.  Our hotel we stayed in, The New Sanno, was the nicest hostel we had ever stayed in.  It was fantastic and the service was impeccable.  

While in Tokyo we went to Disney Sea (it's next to Disneyland), the Art Museum, the Science Museum, lots of subways and trains rides, the Imperial Gardens, shopping and just relaxing.  My FAVORITE part was going to Kyoto, but that will be another post.

1 comment:

All About Tennis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.