Friday, November 7, 2008

Comprehensive Park

The children had the day off from school due to parent/teacher conferences for the next few days so we went to Comprehensive Park today.  We only went to one tiny little section of it, but it did the job of entertaining the kids just fine while we were there.  It was quite hot and humid today.  We only stayed for about 45 minutes, we were all dripping sweat and were ready to leave by 10:30am.  Afterwards we went to the local Japanese grocery store and bakery for some treats.  Oh yeah...I bought gas off base for the first time today.  On base it is still $4.06, but I forgot to fill up before I left this morning so I thought I'd get 500 yen worth (about $5) of gas just to make sure I could get back home.  I ended up get 3 1/2 liters of gas which is less then 1 gallon!  Crazy huh?!  


Howie in the middle of the rope thingy.  Notice the Japanese children in the background with their matching green hats.  That's what they wear on their field trips .
Erin couldn't figure out how to get across the balls, I had to come to her rescue.
Jack seems to stick his tongue out a lot when he plays.  He's like a little puppy.
We fed the birds and the fish today at the pond next to the park.  The kids thought it was so cool that the birds were actually touching them.  All I could think about was how dirty the birds were and telling the kids not to touch them back.  I'm such a mom!
For all of you who wanted to know...this is a Japanese toilet.  You are supposed to put each foot on the creme colored tiles and squat down to do your business.  They generally have at least one handicap/elderly toilet that is American style.  The kids and I prefer to use that one when we can, but yes...I have used one of these toilets before (but not this particular one!)  Also, the walls are always pink in the girl bathrooms and blue in the boy bathrooms.  

3 comments:

Bodell Family said...

I can't believe how big your kids are! Tina, you look great! I don't know what it is but you look so different than when we were in WA together. And I mean that in a great way. Not that I thought you looked bad. Huh, I should probably stop now :) Anyways, it's great to see you on blogger finally! I don't know how I would use a toilet like that. I guess it's better than using nature and squating which I've done. TMI. Okay, I'd better stop while I'm ahead. I'm anxious to see your next post!

Cindy said...

Those squatty potties bring back good memories!

Angela Draper said...

We never did make it to that park. Too bad. It looks like you all had a great time. You'll have to go and enjoy it again for me :)