Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Day Preparations

Here's the turkey soaking in the brine.  It's in a turkey oven bag in a crisper drawer, definitely less mess this way!!

Thanksgiving Stuff...
First off, Thanksgiving is one on my favorite holidays.  I can't decide between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Thanksgiving is when I get to cook all my favorite foods that I wouldn't dare eat any other time of the year (all the calories!!!), but Christmas morning is awesome because I get to see my children open their presents.  I would be content to never receive anything for Christmas just as long as I could  watch my children  come down Christmas morning to the presents under the tree!  

So I've started getting ready for Thursday.  I'm 27 weeks pregnant now and I just don't have the energy to cook ALL day, so I'm spreading it out over the next couple days.  Sunday night I put the turkey in the fridge to defrost and this afternoon I prepared the brine to soak it until Thursday morning.  I've never made a brine before, but I've eaten it at other peoples homes and it is THE BEST!!!  So I've decided to try it out myself, wish me luck.  I also prepared my asparagus casserole, so all I have to do with it on Thursday is pop it in the oven.  On Wednesday I plan on making my desserts...a pumpkin roll and a pumpkin pie.  

Baby Stuff...
This morning I spent 3 hours at the hospital.  I had a prenatal appt., had my glucose test done, and also received my Rhogam shot (I'm o-, and Howard's o+).  Instead of ranting on about how stupid military hospitals are (it was a LONG morning), I'll just be thankful that it's all free! Let's just say that I was lucky to be out of there after only 3 hours, it would have been much longer had I not asserted myself.  They think I'm stupid, H-E-L-L-O this is my 4th pregnancy...I think I know what I'm doing by now!!!!

Saturday I bought a nice used double stroller for $30.  It's a side-by-side Jeep Umbrella stroller, very sturdy though. (I don't like the front/back ones.) When we get back to the states I want to buy a really nice double jogging stroller.  I'm looking forward to going on long walks again.  I have too much pain and exhaustion while I'm expecting, so exercising is very infrequent.  My kids and household responsibilities take all my energy right now, so I have to prioritize EVERYTHING that I do.  I have really bad varicose veins, so I have to wear medical grade support hose and even then it doesn't help completely.  I have to put my feet and legs up frequently to ease the pain.  Unfortunately it gets worse with each pregnancy.  


No comments: