Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kyoto Trip part 2


The bamboo forest was so quiet and serene (my favorite picture!)
A real Zen Garden

A real Buddha (I think) shrine that people worship at.


Here is our day 2 of Kyoto.  Once again...it was wonderful!  On this day we went to some smaller temple, but all were still tourist hot spots.  The thing that struck me the most was how calm, quiet, and serene it was in all these places.  I guess that's what you get when you leave the kids at home!

As a side note to anyone who has kids, if you ever have the chance to leave the kids for a few days to go somewhere nice...DO IT!!! This was our second trip away from the kids and home and every time I come back rejuvenated and a better Mom (of course I missed them) but it really can strengthen a marriage and makes you fall in love all over again without the distraction of little kids.  Don't get me wrong, I love being a Mom and I love my children dearly, but sometimes we forget that we were married first and parents second.  Don't let your romance take a back seat to parenting!

5 comments:

MaryAnn said...

It's about time Tina! Welcome to the blogging world. :)

Cindy said...

Nice blog, we will definitely add you to our list!

Shaulan said...

Love, love, love your blog!!! True to form for you Tina, when you do something you do it RIGHT. It's cute and has so many great posts all ready! And you've done a great job of making me miss Japan all over again.

Shaulan said...

Love, love, love your blog! And true to form for you Tina... when you do something you do it RIGHT! It's cute and updated and fun to read. You've also made me miss Japan!

Angela Draper said...

So glad you started a blog! And I so need to work on a little get away for me and the hubby. Maybe someday! It looks like you had so much fun in Kyoto!