Wednesday, November 26, 2008

How to Make Ghetto Pumpkin Trifle

Here's my ghetto pumpkin trifle recipe...

1. Make Pumpkin Roll as directed from your favorite recipe
2. Prepare cream cheese filling as directed from original recipe
3. Under cook the roll (it really helps to have your oven malfunction)
4. Watch it crack and fall apart before your eyes
5. Layer any salvageable parts in a Tupperware container
6. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, enjoy!

Here's what really happened...
I think my oven temperature is wrong because this morning it took me a lot longer to bake my pumpkin pie than directed, but luckily it turned out fine.  When I made my pumpkin roll this afternoon it didn't even cross my mind to bake the pumpkin roll a little longer.  Anyway, I took it out of the oven, flipped it out as the recipe directed and rolled it up to sit and cool for 30 minutes.  When I unrolled it, it cracked apart and the center was all gooey.  I thought about what I should do for a few minutes and then decided that since I'm really the only one that eats it, it wasn't worth the effort, mess, or clean up time involved to start again.  I layered what I could salvage into my Tupperware container and this is is how I got my Ghetto Pumpkin Trifle!

At least it still tastes good (what I could save anyway).

No comments: