Friday, November 14, 2008

Culture Teaching

Looking at books with Jack
The Japanese LOVE little children (especially with light colored hair)

On Thursday I hosted 3 Japanese boys in my home for the day.  We do normal American things and I just expose them to American family life, culture, and food.  Here they are with Jack looking at books.   I have 4  teenage girls next week coming to my home.  Most of the time it's really fun (occasionally the the language barrier is so bad it's not fun).  Japanese kids are so polite and kind (almost all Japanese people are for that matter).  I'm so thankful that I've been able to participate in this Culture Teaching program while I have been in Okinawa.  It has taught our whole family much more about the Japanese culture and way of life that we wouldn't have experienced otherwise.  I'm really going to miss it all when we leave in May. 

No comments: