Thursday, November 27, 2008

Black Friday

First off, Howard is so sweet.  He ventured out into the cold this morning at 2:30am to get in line at the BX.  He was hoping to be one of the first 100 customers to receive a free BX gift card, you'd think he would get one, but there were more then 100 people already there when he showed up.  It wasn't all in vein though.  He still had to get a special ticket to get his $350 laptop, which he was able to get.  Thank goodness!  He called me at 7:30am to tell me he was able to get the laptop and asked me if there was anything else we needed from the store, but there wasn't.  After he hung up the phone he went straight in line and didn't get home for another hour!!!  Crazy, but that's what you get when 22,000 people stationed on Kadena only have 1 store to go to. He also got an all-in-one printer for cheap.  Gotta love Black Friday!  I'm really excited to go next year when we have more options. Although I'm sending my sister to Wal-Mart for me to pick up a few hot items that I can't buy online.  I'll just pick them up from her in July when I go for a visit.  They are things we needed to buy when we moved back to the States anyway, so why not buy them on sale now?!

It's 12:42pm right now and Howard's napping.

Oh yeah...gas FINALLY went down from $4.06 (it's been that way since July).  It's now $2.43.  Still a $1 more than in some parts of the U.S., but at least it's some relief!

No comments: