Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random Stuff

Showing off their wounds at the restaurant.
It's nice that our kids are old enough for us to sit next to each other again.



Pregnancy Mishap for the Day...
Yesterday I was getting a new sippy cup out of the cupboard and what did I find?  A sippy cup with milk in it...from the day before!  Gross!  I guess I put it in there the previous day and forgot. 

Shots...
All three kids each had 2 shots yesterday.  Hep A and Flu.  I made Jack go first since he didn't know what was going on, he cried for about 5 seconds afterwards.  Who goes next, Howie or Erin?  Howie sure didn't want to go, so Erin stepped up to the table like a brave little girl and did a fine job, no tears!  After Howie saw that Erin was brave he ventured up to the table, but was so nervous we all had to hold his hand.  Just one tear.  It surprises me that Erin was the bravest since she cries about EVERYTHING!  She even cries when she's really happy, what a girl.  Stickers for everyone and Cracker Jacks as a treat, yum!

Friend in Crisis...
As I was walking in the house at 4:20pm yesterday a friend called me in crisis needing to talk, girl stuff...you know.  It was serious enough that I couldn't multi-task like I usually do on the phone and I hid in the laundry room while the kids watched TV.  Before I knew it Howard was home, it was 5:30pm and dinner had not even been started...so we went out to one of our favorite restaurants here in Okinawa.  CoCo Curry House.  Fortunately Howard was understanding and luckily we had extra Yen to pay for dinner.  

Cold Weather...
It's cold here in Okinawa!  We've pulled out our sweaters, long sleeve shirts, pants, and light jackets.  It was 66 F today...burrr.  Yes, I know for some of you that may seem like heaven (Cindy in Alaska with -5 F, sorry) but we've really acclimated since this is our 4th winter here.  We're in trouble when we move back to the States!


1 comment:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

How funny. I stuck the milk in the cupboard once too. Pregnant brain, gotta love it.
I agree, it was pretty chilly. I had to go out and buy jackets for both the kids.
luvs
Kara