Sunday, November 16, 2008

Parkes Wrestling Championship

Normally Sundays are very quiet and peaceful in our home.  We've established clear rules and guidelines of what is acceptable and what is not.  We have a wonderful Sunday box full of Friend magazines, Church movies, Bible stories, etc.  That didn't seem to get touched today.  It all started when the children and I went upstairs to wake up Howard from his nap (it was my turn for some alone time and he had his fair share!)  After a few minutes of being nice he still wouldn't budge.  Even though he was awake he just layed there with his eyes shut.  That kind of frustrated the kids and I; they wanted to spend time with their Dad and I wanted him too so I could relax alone for a little while before I had to start dinner.  Anyway...we started poking and prodding him to no avail.  It eventually turned into 4 against 1 to get Howard out of bed and this is what it turned into...
an all out wrestling match.  It started upstairs in the bedroom on the bed...then the floor, but since I'm a "Mom" I saw the danger of our tiny room and all the corners ready to poke someone.  I called a time out and we all went downstairs to finish what we started.  Jack and I had had enough so we turned into spectators and watched the show.
Since Howard is obviously winning, he decide to take a break, but Howie and Erin still had some more energy so they decided to get each other good.  Here is one of the few shots that I got of Erin dominating Howie.  This was rare.  
Go Erin!
This is where it all ended...the designated "Love Zone".

1 comment:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

How fun. It's nice to burn a little energy wrestling. I've really enjoyed all of your posts.
-Kara