Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year


Last night for New Years Eve we had our neighbor, Rebekah, and her children over to play. We played hide-n-go-seek in the dark and then when the grown-ups tired out the kids continued to play in the back yard until about 10:30pm.  That's a HUGE treat because we're really strict when it comes to bedtime. 
It was pretty chilly last night.  I was so cold that I wore a long sleeve shirt, then a jacket, then one of Howard's hoodies over everything.  But I was also not running around getting warmed up like everyone else.  I was Erin's partner because she was too scared to hide in the dark by herself, but the rule was that I couldn't be tagged since I can't out run the kids right now.  Erin had to run to home base for me.

Best friends, Erin and Genna.  They love each other to pieces, but also fight like they're sisters.

We capped off the night by watching the second Narnia movie, Prince Caspian, and munching on brownies and other delicious junk food.  At midnight we had some sparkling cider to ring in the New Year.  After the neighbors went home Howie, Erin, and Jack had a slumber party in the living room.  Howard slept on the couch for a little while to make sure the kids were good, but I enjoyed the comforts of my own bed last night.  

No comments: