Friday, December 12, 2008

The Harlem Globetrotters


Tonight we went and saw the Harlem Globetrotters play (more like perform) against the "Washington Generals".  It was quite a funny show with many antics by the players.  There were not as many tricks as we originally thought that we would see, but it was funny nevertheless.  The "Generals" were a sorry bunch of players and were no match against the Globetrotters. It almost seemed like one big game of keep away!  Of course the whole game was a spoof, but we all enjoyed ourselves.  We had to remind the kids that this was not a normal basketball game.  We are very fortunate here because this was all free and we actually sat on the courtside.  We even had a Globetrotter go up to Howard and Jack and make funny faces at them.  Another time Howard almost got hit by the ball, but he blocked it in time.
At the beginning of the game, all of the team members showcased their talents.
Here's one of the opposing team members leaving the court after his uniform was "removed".
About halfway through the basketball game, the guys decided they wanted to play football.
This guy got caught with his pants down.  The kids thought this was the funniest part!
Here is #11, Sweet Pea, after he did a slam dunk.  Unfortunately he got stuck and his team mates had to take him down.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

How fun! We have always wanted to do that. They always seem to come while Curtis is on shift...and I am not brave enough to take all four by myself.

P.S.I like the name Luke, I think it fits well!

Unknown said...

How lucky you are that you could do that. It is something that Howie and Erin will remember forever. I'll be sure to tell Jody to check out your blob so he can see the pics.
Love,
Mom
P.S.
I figured out why I couldn't add comments -- I had to get a gmail account. I just finished doing that. I'll try to keep my comments to a minimum (ha,ha)