Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Erin's Ornament

Yesterday Erin brought this "hand"made ornament home from school. I think this is one of the cutest ideas for an ornament craft project.  I almost cried when I read the poem.  I think it's the pregnancy hormones.  I'll be brutally honest...I hate homemade ornaments (unless they are made by Martha Stewart or someone equally talented).  I like my tree to match and this is the first ornament brought home from school that got on our tree.  Erin should also feel pretty special because it's the only blue ornament on our gold/burgundy colored tree.
Here's another shot of it, you can see a little more of her hand print.  This is what the poem says...

These aren't just 5 snowmen,
As anyone can see,
I have made them with my hand,
Which is a part of me.
Now each year when you trim your tree,
You'll look back and recall,
Christmas of 2008
When my hand was just this small!

4 comments:

The Ozanich Family said...

That's really cute!

Jay and Kara Barney said...

That is so darling. (I feel the same about my tree, but I guess I need to just love it when Tayson adds all his homemade ornaments to it)

Unknown said...

You will cherish that as much as I cherish the hand print placques of you kids that used to hang in my bathroom. (I still like looking at them as your personalities all came creeping out into that plaster of paris!)
Love,
Mom

who? me?! said...

It's cute. I love it!!

I actually did that craft with Connor for his second Christmas...however I forgot to attach the little note and it's since disappeared. His doesn't stand out on my tree, but only because mine is blue and silver. :)