Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Parties

Santa came all the way to Okinawa for a visit!
Here's Erin (with Howard and Jack) at one of the craft stations at the Children's Christmas Party.
Don't drop the ball of yarn.

On Saturday we went to the Children's Christmas Party for work.  The kids had a great time, but in my opinion we stayed way too long.  Howard likes to win prizes, so we had to stay the whole time, just in case one of the children's names were drawn from the raffle.  No one won a prize, but we came home with more than enough craft projects.  About half way through the party, I was too tired of standing and sitting around I went and layed down in the van. While resting I had plenty of time to notice how messy my van was, so when we got home Jack and Howard took a nap and Howie, Erin, and I cleaned the van.  Inside and out.  We did a wonderful job and the kids really helped out a lot.  Unfortunately shortly after we were done washing the outside of the van, the clouds rolled in unexpectedly and it rained most of the evening.  At least the inside stayed clean.

Saturday night we had our Branch Christmas party.  We had a potluck dinner and a talent show.  Erin sang, "Once There Was a Snowman", while I read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas.  It was a tiring day, but it made the kids happy.  

No comments: