Saturday, September 5, 2009

Super Saturday

Today was Super Saturday in my ward (for those of you who don't know what that it, a bunch of ladies get together once a year and make crafts while the husbands watch all the kids). I just wanted to show off what I made...
The first craft I made was a wooden plaque with vinyl lettering. I'm not super thrilled with the font of the words, but I like it enough to hang in the playroom. If you look closely, the c and h are together and look like a d. That's the way it came, I didn't do that.

This wasn't the best picture of my second project, but I love how Luke's little hands and Erin's knees are in the picture. They are "I Spy" bags. If the kids like them, I think I'll make 1 or 2 more. There's a laminated tag that lists the contents of each bag and the goal is to find them all. It's a lot harder than you think!

This was by far my favorite project. It's a magnetic board. Here's how to make it...take some sheet metal, modge podge, your choice of paper and ribbons, put them all together....viola!
It's a cute and useful magnetic board. The 4 flowers are magnets. I really want to make more, I just need to find out where to get the sheet metal.

No comments: