Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Like This!

18 of these sure can make someones day a little brighter!

On Wednesday I made cinnamon rolls and shipped them overnight to Howard. They were still a little warm when they left OKC. That evening I received Howard's little surprise. A dozen and a half roses! I'll make cinnamon rolls more often if this is what I get! These last longer.


This evening I was trying to make dinner, feed Luke, and clean up the house before our home teachers came over. Luke was a little fussy that he wasn't getting my full attention so Erin stepped in to help (without even being asked). What a big help. This is definitely a change for her. She really hasn't been into babies since I've had Jack or Luke, so I'm glad she's taking more interest in them. One more thing...Luke loves cheerios and just started eating real bananas (not pureed). He is really enjoying the table food that I give him (it's not much, but he loves what he gets!)

Like the hat? The wind blew it into our yard in Okinawa...it's Japanese. If you look close at her nails we painted them during nap time. We bought 4 nail polish colors yesterday at Target (oh how I love Target!)


One more thing...
Howard and I are in the market for a new TV, so the kids and I went to Best Buy to browse and see what they had. When we were done there we went next door to Target and picked up some fall clothes for Jack and I and a few extras. Let's just say I'm banned from shopping for the next month or two (self imposed of course, Howard's not mean that way)...that's how much I spent! Once we were done (about an hour and a half later) we get to the mini van and I hear a noise coming from it. I left it on and running the whole time!!!!! Somehow in the commotion of taking 4 kids shopping with me all alone I forgot to turn the car off!!!! That's something that I could see myself doing when I'm pregnant...but I'm definitely NOT pregnant. Crazy huh?! Thank goodness my van was still there. Someone could have driven off with it! I'm still in shock over the matter and that was over 24 hours ago. At least it was just my keys and I didn't leave any of the kids in the car. Now THAT would have been bad! (That's actually one of my fears. It breaks my heart whenever I hear a news story about a parent forgetting their child in the car and the worst happens. What a tragedy.)

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Beautiful roses, adorable hat and crazy story about your van!!! I am so glad to hear it was still there. Oh--I AM finally pregnant! :)