Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crafting With Erin

Ever since I had my Super Saturday last week, I've been very excited do to some more crafting on my own. I'm really not much of a crafter, and I have only the bare minimum of supplies. Erin LOVES crafting and so I thought it would be a good thing for her and I to do together to get some girl time. Unfortunately one of the consequences for being such a good girl is that I don't spend very much time with her compared to the others. She needs less correcting, less homework help, and mostly stays out of trouble. With the boys, it seems like they have a monopoly on my time wit homework, discipline, and extra basic needs. Well I finally broke down last week and splurged on a bunch of craft supplies for her and I. My kitchen counter did not see the light of day for about 3 days straight. I'm so glad Howard wasn't here to complain about how messy the house got.
Here is Erin painting her tray. She was so happy to do a project with me. The messy house and chicken nugget dinners were totally worth it last week.
Erin made a fairy wand and tray for her little nick knacks in her room. I helped.
The next items were my project. Erin picked out the paper that I used, but I did the rest.
I bought her letters on premade MDF boards and traced the letters on scrapbooking paper. I painted the MDF letters pink first, then I cut out the paper letters and modge podged them to the MDF boards. After adding several coats of of the modge podge, it built up a nice lacquer. I hot glued the ribbon on and added a couple other embellishments to the letters.
I also decorated a cheap Walmart frame with the same paper as the N in her name. I added some blue rick rack and put her most recent picture in it. She loves it! $3 Walmart frames are good for something.
We are done crafting for a while, but my mind is busy planning what to do next. I think I'll work on the boys' room next.

2 comments:

SueAnn said...

Very cute projects. I may have to steal some ideas!!

Shaulan said...

Those are some great projects, and they turned out beautifully! I am planning to do the same type of lettering thing with the word "create" and place it above some lines of string where I'll keep all of the kids' pictures from school. Now I just might get it done! I should do more crafts with Kayla.