Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Please Help

Howard and I have decided after seeing so many quality photographs on OTHER people's blogs, that it is time for us to invest in a good SLR camera.  For those out there who have a good camera, please leave us a comment and give us some suggestions on what brand to buy (or NOT to buy), features that are important, extra lenses to buy, etc.  Even if you don't have a good camera, but have a friend that does...what do they use?  Our primary use for the camera will be indoor/outdoor family stuff (sleeping babies, kids swimming, family trips/sightseeing, kids playing, etc.) 

3 comments:

The Caldwells said...

I'm a canon girl! I love my XTI and it is a good starting out camera (kind of expensive, but worth every penny!). I have the lense that comes with the camera, but never use it. I invested in a 50 mm lense and a 28-200 mm lense. The 50 mm is awesome for inside photos because it lets in more light. Outside I am usually needing to zoom so I can stand still and get picks of the kids without having to move! It's also great for sports photos (except those blasted pinewood derby cars. I can't figure that out!).

Bodell Family said...

We have the Nikon D60 and LOVE it! It's big and bulky but that's what you get with a big camera. We bought the extra lens that coes with it but hardly ever use it. This camera has tons of extra features that we love, like the action shots and the shutter speed is so fast that it captures EVERY second! I still like my little digital camera and it's great for my purse but this new camera is WAY better and really, I don't notice the size. We use it for the park, disneyland, inside, you name it, we have it! Happy searching!

Kaptured by Kristi said...

I say go Nikon! Its amazing! A d40 is a good camera for every day use - which seems like what you want! Its a wonderful camera, quick shutter speed so you get THAT moment you clicked, not 2 seconds later with a blur!
They have them at the BX here. so no tax!