Friday, August 14, 2009

A Peak at My House

I've had some requests to show my home, but it's STILL a work in progress, so here's a peak.

Here is our dining room...I love having a separate dining room, this is my first. I also love that the back door is red, that's why I decided to reuse my old curtains (for the 3rd time), but this time I cut and re-sewed them, I also added pleats. We are currently lacking artwork or pretty things on the wall, but they will come in time when I find what I am looking for. Howard always has good input when it comes to decorating, so I'm also partly waiting on him to return. I also don't want to over do it or rush into a purchase that I might regret later. It's really hard for me to make up my mind, so I'm being patient until my mind is made up. I hope that makes sense.

This corner of my living room is done (it's a very small living room), but the others aren't quite right. I'm looking for a nice artwork to go over the couch to replace our mirror we've had for years, but I just haven't found what I'm looking for just yet. Through the pocket door shown is my dining room. The color of this room is called Nutria and is a pale green.

3 comments:

Angela Draper said...

You're so good at decorating! Partially thanks to seeing your decorating skills in Okinawa, I got brave and painted two rooms in our house. I will have to post them some time.

Katherine said...

Is that a base house? Impressive! You've got such an eye for pretty things. I like that piece of artwork sitting on your couch. Did you make that :)

Parkes Family said...

Yes, this is base housing. It's amazing what some paint and curtains can do to spruce up a house.