Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our Saturday Morning

Saturday morning we got to work and finished our chores before noon.

The kids were a big help and were eager to help.
Howie - vacuumed, dusted, and cleaned the trash out of the van
Erin - vacuumed and dusted inside the house
Jack - stayed out of our way (VERY helpful!)
Luke - napped, watched us outside for a bit and then finally enjoyed some Baby Einstein
Mommy - tilled the front flower beds, mowed the back yard, lightly went over what the kids missed, cleaned up the back patio.

We all cleaned the outside of the van and pulled weeds together!
The older kids also took turns spending time with Luke when he got fussy.

I really love my carport...it's not hot and stuffy like a garage and it keeps my van cool even on the hottest days.

Nicely cleaned out flower beds, now I just need to get some flowers.
Any suggestions for autumn/shade flowers???
One of my favorite things about our house is that we have a tree in the front, side, and back yard! That's a LOT of shade. We get about 3/4 full shade all day long...it's great!

Luke hardly watches TV and so I was really surprised that he liked it so much this morning when I put it on. We got a digital converter box for our TV and an antenna, but it's not very good quality (probably from all those trees blocking our signal) and we don't have cable, so we mostly just watch movies when we feel like watching something. I miss AFN television so much! There's just too much junk on regular TV.

No comments: