Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wedding Bells

On February 5, 2011 our neighbors, Amber and Charles, were married in a beautiful ceremony.  And when we say neighbors, Amber lives right next door and Charles owns a house a few doors down.  This is a new development so everyone in the neighborhood is new.  That's how they met. When we returned from our vacation in April, Amber and Charles were dating.  I knew right away that they were right for each other.  A few days before Charles proposed, I was bugging him and asking, "when are you going to propose? It's obvious that you're made for each other!"  He lied and said he wasn't ready.  Howard told me recently the Charles felt so bad for lying to me, but he had to so he could keep it a surprise. No hard feelings, I understand.  I love weddings!  I seem to cry at all of them now.  Even looking at wedding pictures brings tears to my eyes.  I'm so happy that we could go and share in their happiness!


Charles is in the Army National Guard and will be leaving for a year very, very soon.  :(


Best kiss of all time. 
 He should have received an award!  It's blurry and I was competing with the professional photographer (notice the black line near her veil), but I had to include it!


Mr. & Mrs. Charles Gather


The cutest flower girl ever!
The Pastor was announcing that it was time for us to move into the annex where the reception would immediately follow. the wedding was held in a wedding chapel.  It was one of the prettiest places ever!  makes me want to get married again (to Howard of course!)


The cake was so pretty and actually tasted decent too! The fondant wasn't too hard, it was perfect.


The wedding didn't start until 7pm, so we were in for a late night with the kids.  Luke fell asleep right at 8pm and we eventually laid him under the table on my coat.  I picked this picture because Howard didn't know I was taking a picture right then.  I think it's funny because we all know he can smile, but he looks like one of those guys that don't.


We curled her hair.


This was Erin's creation, C (heart) A


Right before Amber threw the bouquet, I gave Erin a stern talking to.  Last time we went to a reception she bawled her eyes out that she didn't catch the bouquet.  I told her she better not cry or she would get in trouble and I told her she probably wouldn't catch it, but an older and taller person might.


I was wrong!  Erin caught it!  It was so exciting and I was so happy for her.  Definitely no tears this time!


Jack was making silly faces to keep us entertained.  We didn't know anyone there besides the Bride and Groom, so we chatted it up with an elderly couple we shared a table with. There were a lot of old people there, but they were all really sweet! 


Jack and Erin danced with the Bride and Groom for the dollar dance.  Once the dance was over, the bride stuck all of the dollar bills in the top of her dress and her husband pretended to pull them out with his teeth.  I wish I had a picture, it was too funny!


We had such a wonderful time and were so happy we could go.  We almost weren't able to because Luke and Jack weren't feeling well, but we medicated them really well and hoped for the best.  I was also very nervous because I knew there wouldn't be a lot of children there and I didn't know how kid friendly it would be.  The kids did great!  In all I think there were about 7 kids there (and 4 were mine!). The kids were specifically invited, so it's not like I took them because I didn't want to get a sitter.

The only sad moment was during the wedding toast.  Amber's mother was given a tribute because she couldn't be there for the wedding.  She passed away about 18 months ago due to cancer.  My heart ached for Amber last night.

Hopefully we'll have a new baby in the neighborhood in about a year or so.  Now that would be great!




No comments: