Thursday, February 24, 2011

Facebook

I've noticed that I haven't posted anything substantial in a little while.  I think Facebook has been sucking out all of my current events.  For those of you not on FB with me, here is a little recap...

1. Howard and I are in the process of purchasing a new desk.  It's not in stock, so we wait...

2. We are also in the midst of selecting a nice color/affordable price for laminate wood flooring for our office area. It's a high traffic area and it shows bad on the carpet.

3. We get our tax return on Friday, so #1 & #2 can be purchased as soon as we make up our minds.

4. Howie earned his Wolf Badge in Cub Scouts last month and is now a Bear.

5. I attempted home hair cuts on Luke and Jack two weeks ago...bad idea!  I have hair appointments scheduled for all of us on Monday afternoon.

6.  The weather here is cRaZy! One week it's 75F, the next week it's a blizzard, then 70's again, and today a morning hail/thunderstorm that literally jolted Howard and I out of bed at 5:30am!

7.  I've started attending a Grief Share support group at a local church in my neighborhood.  I've gone to two meetings so far and plan on finishing the 13 week series.  I've been having dreams about my Mother and Grandmother on a regular basis since January (several each week).  Some have been good, but some have been bad, hopefully this helps.

8.  Howard has been studying like a mad man! He tested for Tech Sgt on the 11th and is currently studying for his CDC's (which is work related).  Since he cross trained into his new job, he has a much smaller time frame in which to complete his requirements.

9. I've been reading about Church History a lot lately, very fascinating!

10.  I'm teaching a Home Organization class for Super Saturday for church. I'm really excited about it!

11. Our adoption paperwork started expiring, so we had to renew a bunch of paperwork. Not happy about that. On the bright side, there is an Adoption Fair this Saturday that we are going to with our children and we can meet and get to know children waiting to be adopted.  We are VERY excited about that!

12. Howard and I won free tickets to see a movie last week, so we had a last minute Tuesday Date Night.  We enjoyed it so much, that we are getting another sitter this Friday for another date.  We don't date nearly as often as we should, we just make sure the kids go to bed early so we have time together.




1 comment:

rylissite said...

Fun times ahead for you!