Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Howie!

Howie turned 9 years old this morning!  Crazy how fast it goes by.  Only 9 more and he'll be 18.  WOW!  We opened presents at 6am (gift cards, and a Wii game aren't good picture moments). Since today was such a normal day, I tried to make it special.  I took Burger King to school for Howie and Erin's lunch.  Their school has an awesome eating area for parents and children. It's called the "Cub Cafe", since their mascot is the Saber cub.  I think Luke and Jack had the most fun eating lunch at school today.


It's Erin's half birthday today...they are exactly 18 months apart to the day. 



I love his silly face!


Brotherly love.


Howie requested a white cake for his birthday, but I think white cake is gross, so I suggested Angel Food cake, since it is also white.  He happily agreed.  I was relieved!  At the last minute I googled a frosting for it and whipped it up.  It was SOOOOOO amazing!  We were literally spooning it into our mouths.  Although it's one of those things where you can have too much of a good thing.  Several of us got tummy aches (including myself). It's similar to divinity, but slightly different.  If you love divinity this frosting is for you, but if you don't like divinity then stear clear of this.


Just in case you didn't know, Howie is 9 years old. Howie insisted that I take this picture.  I like it!


Luke ate ALL of his cake, and was saving some for later on his face.

1 comment:

Rick Simmons said...

Looks like Howie had a Great Birthday!