Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

It just dawned on me that I haven't blogged about our day at Disneyland.  While in California we worked very hard going through my Mother's things (and all of her parents/grandparents things). It was wonderful spending so much time with family and going through old pictures and memorabilia, but we took a day to just relax.  I've been there a million times, living so close and all, so it brought back a lot of memories of my Mother going there.  I was sad on the inside most of the day, but stayed happy on the outside for the children.  They had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back.

We went with my sister and her family.  It was nice having 4 adults.  We were able to go on rides with our spouses that we normally wouldn't be able to do unless the kids were teenagers.  Howard and I are so used to parenting without the help of extended family, it was a wonderful treat.



Tea Cups...my old age has lowered my tolerance for spinning rides.  I made sure I rode with Luke so I would be in the "slow" cup.



There were hardly any lines that day.  We went on a Tuesday, it was awesome!  I think back on waiting in line for hours on end in my younger days.  No.Thank.You!  




My FAVORITE picture all day.  Lovin' Luke's fist bumps!



My 2nd Favorite picture.  My niece, Nadia, is a couple weeks older than Jack.  She is precious!



One of the few pictures of me.


Enjoying Toon Town


In line for Pirates of the Caribbean.  I think it's weird that they added Jack Sparrow to it.  Now the new generation will think the movie came first...not the ride.  What a shame.  We tried to make dinner reservations in the restaurant inside the ride, but it was booked.  Next time we'll be sure to make reservations when the park opens.


Another favorite.
Don't ask me why Luke is raising his hand, I don't know why.


 On our way into Small World.  It was well done, but a disappointment for a longtime fan hesitant of change. They changed the song and decorated it for Christmas on the inside.  I was surprised and a little sad.  (BIL-Levi was kind enough to share a picture...see I'm on the far right.)


Outside of Small World...beautiful lights!



No comments: