Thursday, November 5, 2009

Refrigerator Help

We are in the market for a refrigerator and I would really like some suggestions and input. We are looking for a quiet/energy efficient model. We also would like a water dispenser (but it can be inside or out). It needs to be large enough for our growning family (remember, I will have 3 teenage boys one day).

What do you thing of the newer french door styles with the freezer on the bottom? Is it convenient? A hassle?

Pros/cons of side by side models?

We all have a refrigerator so please share with me what you love or hate about yours, please include brand with model number if you're able to.

We checked consumer reports and we are considering the Kenmore Elite model # 77592. Does anyone have a Kenmore or this particular model number? If so, please let us know what you think.

We are also considering the Whirlpool Gold, model # gx5fhtxvq. This was also highly rated on Consumer Reports.


1 comment:

Amber said...

We had a side by side when I was a teenager and we didn't like because we couldn't fit large items in it. It was a more narrow space. My parents currently have a freezer at the bottom which makes sense to me because heat rises and the freezer needs to be kept colder. They seem to like it. All I know is that I will never by a side-by-side.