Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Potty Training

So Jack has decided to take it upon himself to potty train.  I was going to start this summer, AFTER the move. Three days ago he started telling me every time he went pee in his diaper, then he would take it off and throw it away (all by himself).  Since we're trying to get everything organized for the move, we were cleaning out the hall closet and pulled out the potty chair.  We stuck it in the bathroom to get it out of the way, but we didn't tell Jack about it.  We weren't even thinking about getting Jack to go in it.  Honestly...I think diapers are easier, ESPECIALLY on an airplane!  So yesterday he started taking his diaper off before he peed in it and he went potty in the potty chair, 4 times I think (he would go in there without me knowing sometimes).  Of course I changed a few dirty diapers yesterday, but I think we might be on to something here.  This morning after I got him dressed, he stripped down (diaper still dry).  We'll see how the next few days go.

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Keira did that exact thing when we were moving here. I was determined to make her wait until we were completely done with the move, and she decided on the airplane between Seattle and Tokyo that she wanted to go potty NOW! Easiest potty-training ever. Now if only Krista would decide it's a good idea...