Friday, April 24, 2009

Clean Home

After the movers left at about 2pm, Howard and I set  to work vacuuming, wiping down, and tidying up.  It's  amazing and quite disgusting how much dust and debris can accumulate behind furniture.  All of the furniture here will not be going with us.  The couch is ours that we're selling and everything else is government issue, including our beds upstairs.  Right now I'm VERY grateful for the furniture we have.  It's nice to have something to sit on!  We moved our couch so it faces the computer so that we can watch movies, since our TV is gone.
Howie and our neighbor Isaiah playing the DS together. Notice my very empty kitchen behind them?  I was thrilled today when they told me that they would take whatever food was in a container (most of my food was!)  I was so afraid that we'd have to give it all away when we move.  Some movers take your food and some don't.  I got really lucky today.  They also took my canned goods.
Our baby/toddler area.  These items will be going in our express shipment in a couple weeks.
Erin was so happy when she got home from school today.  She said she was happy that all of her toys were gone and that she could play in her empty closet (almost anyway).  She swings on the bars.  FYI - The homes are build differently here.  Everything is very sturdy and built to withstand a typhoon.  I'm more worried that she'll get hurt than break the house.
This is all that is left in the bedrooms, our beds.  We also have a couple gov't dressers that we share.

1 comment:

Dawn Hudson said...

I found your blog doing a google search for Kadena. We are moving there in July. This will be our first move overseas and actually I am doing it by myself. My husband is currently deployed and will be back about two weeks before we are to report there. My question for you is....well, actually I have so many but if you could help me on just the moving part that would be great. And maybe if you are feeling up to it a list of things we must do while living there or even any pointers. What should we bring? What should go by boat or air? When it is time to move I will be in the same boat you are in while the infant. My son will be three months coming moving time. I see that you kept quite a few baby items back for the express shipment. Pretty much any help would be great. thehudsons24@nc.rr.com

Thanks, Dawn

Oh, do you know if the military will store a vehicle here in the states?