Sunday, April 12, 2009

Lucas Dillon Parkes' Blessing

Happy Easter! 
Today was a special day for our family, we blessed Lucas at church.  He cried during most of it, but it wasn't too bad (not the horrible scream that comes out sometimes, just a medium unhappy cry).  I could still hear the blessing, and he calmed down as soon as Howard was finished.  I really like the outfit that I was able to get for him.  This evening he had a HUGE blowout in his white pants, but I worked quickly to get all the poo out.  It's still white after a good rinse, stain stick, bleach, and detergent!  Luke even got an emergency bath in the kitchen sink.
He's our stoic one, this was about the most happy he was all day.  
Luke & Mommy

 I had to hold down his hands, he kept covering his face. I also think my smile looks fake. Ever since my last surgery I have to be careful not to smile too big, otherwise my smile would be overwhelming.  I'm still working on getting it just right.  

Here's another interesting piece of info - I wore this dress when Howie and Jack had their blessings as well.  Yeah yeah, I know I need to get a new dress, it's getting rather old.  BUT it's a great nursing dress and it seems like it's the only thing that fits well after my kids are born. I do have other dresses, just none that I can currently wear.  I'm actually looking forward to the day when this dress is too big for me and I can donate it!  

Some more thoughts that I just wanted to share...
I had a very interesting talk with my sister today about being a mother and being honest with yourself and others.  I wanted to take the time to be honest with everyone (not that I lied in the first place, I'm just laying everything out on the table right now).  Weight loss is not easy for me.  I have to work REALLY hard and keep at it. I am the type of person that would rather post the most flattering photo of myself or nothing at all.  So when most people see me in pictures, they generally only see the "thin Tina".  I'm not naturally thin, in fact I think I'm the opposite.  I love food so much and I would rather sit around the house and read a book than exercise.  BUT I know that's not the way it should be.  I have to eat right and exercise daily to stay fit.  Since we're in the military, we've moved around and I have many friends all over the world.  Some have only known me as "thin Tina", and others have only known the "heavy Tina".  Either way, I'm old enough now that I can accept the way my body is after I have a baby (for a little while anyway...I do expect to loose the baby weight!) But I know it takes time.  It took me 9 months to gain the weight, and it will take about 9 to loose it.  

3 comments:

The Aguilars' said...

Good for you. I am glad you are happy with your self. No one expects you to look like prebaby when he is still so little. You look great to me. I am glad his blessing went well. Let me know if you need anything. Makayla was colic for 9 months. I know how hard it is to have a screaming baby.

The Ozanich Family said...

Good for you laying it on the table like that, Tina. I'm sure you've opened the eyes of at least one other person and made them feel better about themselves---knowing that they're not the only ones who struggle with weight. It's very motivational knowing that others share in your battle.

Sara Rose said...

yea!! It is true w all feel that way about pictures! I have even tried to touch up a photo or two after havng a baby to look thiner in a family photo!!keep up the hard work and the truth of baby weight!! it is easier to put on then take off!