Sunday, January 11, 2009

Green Giant

We had a wonderful dinner tonight.  It wasn't the meal that was served, but that the kids cleaned their plates without any complaints and they did it quickly. We had tuna noodle casserole and canned greens.  We don't love canned green beans, but we have them and we need to finish what's in our cupboard before we move.  As I started eating I decided to start with my green beans and I told the kids that I was going to beat Daddy and finish my veggies before him.  Of course they joined in and within a couple minutes we all finished our green beans without any complaints.  It was actually quite fun.  Here's the story as to why we're not fond of canned green beans. About 3 1/2 years ago there was a really good sale at the commissary, so good in fact that I was able to get about 20 cases of canned green beans and corn for FREE!  Yeah, I guess I went a little overboard, but they were free.  Needless to say we are tired of canned green beans and corn, and yet we still have a few cases left!  I think we'll donate whatever is leftover to the missionaries when we move.  

If you're interested in a really good green bean recipe just click here.

No comments: