Saturday, October 2, 2010

Third Time's the Charm!

In between General Conference sessions (and my nap) Erin was playing on the couch and rolled off onto her elbow. She hit it really hard! She woke me up in tears and after 30 minutes of Motrin and ice she was still bawling. I decided to end our pajama day and take her to the E.R. She thought it was broken and since we've been through this before (#1 & #2), I trusted her. The x-ray didn't show a fracture, but because of her symptoms and pain level the doc said that we need to treat it as such. Especially since small fractures don't always show up right away in small children, it may take a few days for it to show up on the x-ray. We have to go in for a follow up on base in a few days to see if it's really broken or not.

(I just noticed when I was looking at last year's picture of her broken arm,
she is wearing the EXACT same pajamas! How funny!)

On a positive note, today was the first time I left the house since my surgery. I feel remarkably better than even yesterday and today was also the first day that I didn't take my Tylenol-3, which meant that I could drive. Also, the E.R. was EMPTY! We were the only one's there, so that meant we were in and out fast! What a good day.

On a sad note, my sister's good friend lost her 2 day old baby, Eli, today.
Please pray for Eli's family!
He was born with some medical problems that were not diagnosed during pregnancy, so this comes as a complete shock to their little family.

No comments: