Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pain Pain Go Away...

My outpatient surgery turned into a 2 day hospital stay. Thank goodness for great friends and wonderful caregivers! I am blessed! I finally got my leg taken care of, and some other trouble spots I've had with varicose veins. I'm full of pain right now, but I'm also full of Tylenol 3. My head is a little fuzzy, but I'm just so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to help me out. It is very much appreciated! Overall I'd have to say this has been the most painful surgery I've ever experienced and even more painful than having 4 babies. Yes, it is that bad. I would have never imagined the pain that I have, but knowing I can rest in bed and that things are getting taken care of is the peace of mind that is getting me through this.

Hopefully things will heal up nicely and I'll look as good as new when Howard returns. On a positive note, I'm fortunate to only have to wear knee high support hose on my left leg...so glad I don't have to wear thigh highs! I had an ace bandage from my foot up to my thigh for the past 72 hours, but I just couldn't stand it any more. I removed it a day early, but I put my support hose on right after this picture. I feel so much better now.

2 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Tina, that looks awful!!! Hope you heal and feel better quickly!

Suzanna said...

OUCH! Stop, you are hurting me!