Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Lurve Autumn!

I know, it's only September 5th, BUT I love Autumn and for me it doesn't come on September 23rd this year. It comes Labor Day weekend!

A kind lady from church asked me one day when she could take my kids for me so I could have a break. Of course I accepted her offer, because I'm not crazy. And so she watched the kids for several hours on Thursday night for me. I just ran a bunch of errands that are not fun with kids. Grocery shopping was a biggy, but I also was able to enjoy a little time at Hobby Lobby. Walking through the isles of Autumn decor just brings so much happiness to me, I don't quite know why, but it does.

Howard and I love looking at model homes and how nicely they are decorated. Several months ago we were in one and I noticed that there was art work over the fridge. It looked so nice and it never crossed my mind to put something there. Ever since then I've been looking for just the right touch for the space over our fridge and I FINALLY found it on Thursday.

"As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord."

I know Autumn is coming soon to Oklahoma because the wind has been blowing in cooler temperatures. And by cooler I mean that it's only 85F and not 105F

Things I love about Autumn...

back to school
sweaters and pants
NOT sweating
sound of leaves rustling
breathtaking fall foliage
(I know I'm not in the right part of the country, but I at least have 4 season now compared to Okinawa)
planning Halloween costumes
Thanksgiving dinner
(my favorite holiday)
Howard returns home
(this will be his third time returning in the autumn)
a crisp cool breeze
sleeping with the windows open
the sun rising and setting at a reasonable hour
pumpkin anything
(carving, roasted seeds, candles, ghetto trifle, roll, pie, pancakes, potpourri, etc.)


3 comments:

Shaulan said...

I also love Autumn! And I love your decorations!

Unknown said...

Fall is my favorite too and I am so excited I get to go back to the East Coast for a while during this season! I love your decor and am loving your blog!

Unknown said...

I love Fall and cannot wait to get back to the East coast this year to experience all the lovliness of Fall! I definately would love to share some of your pumpkin recipes, I have several too, and I am totally loving your blog!