Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sugar High

While Howard is away I've tried really hard to stick to a food schedule with the kids. They don't require fancy food like a husband does, do it's a lot easier to get lazy. Anyway...I've done fairly well with meals, but I've really slacked on our Sunday night treats that I normally make. My kids favorite and most requested item would have to be divinity. It's not hard to make, you just have to follow the directions. I'm just lazy, that's all. I FINALLY made it for them tonight after months of begging from the kids.

Notice the recipe - Low Fat - as if that makes it better for you?!

These were for our piano teacher and her new husband.

The bowl was for the vultures (and it had a lot in it too)!

They cleaned the bowl FAST!

Erin's zoned out on a sugar high.

Luke went to town with the beater. We kinda all did actually. I love how divinity just melts in your mouth!

Notice Jack chugging down the milk. As soon as the kids started eating it they begged for milk. It's the only way to take the edge off all the sugar.

Poor Dash, he only gets his doggie food.

In case anyone is wondering, this is our meal schedule...
Sunday - Breakfast
Monday - Noodle Night
Tuesday - Mexican
Wednesday - Easy food (because of Scouts)
Thursday - Chicken or Fish
Friday - Pizza & Movie (We eat on a blanket in the living room, picnic style)
Saturday - Cook's Choice (PB&J anyone?)

No comments: