Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Pardon the Christmas music, but THIS is the most wonderful time of the year...the first day of school.

Before school

My lil' miss cowgirl

Howie and I both love his shirt, and Greg Heffley.

Howie got a hold of the camera on the drive to school. This was his favorite, with the sun.

I'm smiling wide inside!

We are going to have a fantastic year at Oakridge. Hopefully we'll be able to have a lot of good years here. We had to drop all the kids off in the cafetorium (their word, not mine) for their morning "Rise n' Shine" meeting. All the kids gather for announcements and other fun things every morning before school.

Erin and her teacher, Mrs. Jones. Howie had her last year...the best teacher ever. I'm so glad Erin got her!

Howie waiting patiently in his row. His teacher, Mrs. Newmark, seems like she's really going to be great too! My feelings are so different than last year, it's incredible. I feel so blessed that we could buy our home where we did and that my children can go to an outstanding school.

As a matter of fact, their school is brand new.
So new that they are still unloading supplies...

...and building the playgrounds.

If you notice to the left of the picture, there are empty chains, but no swings.
I'm hoping they finish before recess!

"Daddy's flag" as Jack calls it.
There are American flags EVERYWHERE in OKC, I love it. This is the most patriotic city I've ever lived in and Jack is constantly pointing out Daddy's flag wherever we go. It's so cute.

I have to make a plug for Land's End backpacks. This will be Erin's third year using her backpack and it still looks new. Howie got a new one this year, but he used his previous one for three full school years. His old backpack still looks fantastic, but I'll be saving it for Jack.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I'm sending you a BIG FAT AMEN to your post! Yay, for the first day of school. Sanity is around the corner!

Rosie said...

I'm sending you a BIG FAT AMEN to your post! Yay, for the first day of school. Sanity is around the corner!