Sunday, December 27, 2009

Our White Christmas!

Our family has been praying and dreaming of a white Christmas for many years...we finally got it! They're calling it the Christmas Blizzard of 2009 and it smashed all previous snow fall records for OKC! The blizzard came on Christmas Eve and by Christmas morning it was GLORIOUS!
Some of the snow had melted at this point, but we were fortunate, the wind blew most of the snow across the street. We just had to shovel our front porch and the very end of our driveway.
The kids had a blast.
Howie wanted to eat the snow. They know not to eat yellow snow.
They mostly played in the middle of the street, there was a good amount there.
I love how blue the sky is.

Oh yeah...I used my Christmas present for all these pictures. A new camera!
I got the Nikon D3000. It's an entry level DSLR, but it's a million times better than our previous point and shoot.

One more thing...I bought all the kids snow boots awhile back, just in case. Most locals told me not to waste my money and that we just don't get much more that a couple inches of snow at a time. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them!

No comments: