Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Nutcracker

On Saturday Erin and I had a wonderful little date downtown to see "The Nutcracker".
It was our first time going to the ballet, and I sure hope it won't be the last. We had a magical time. There were lots of little girls, mothers, and grandmothers all dressed up in their holiday best. It was a great time!


One of our funny little conversations that happened at the ballet was regarding the men's attire. Here's how it went...
Erin: Giggling
Me: What's so funny?
Erin: It looks like the boys aren't wearing any pants...giggle...giggle....cause I can see their B-U-T-T.
Me: (trying not to laugh) Oh...well...don't look there then. (I was trying to think of something mature and intelligent to say. I was also thinking to myself that I was glad she didn't notice the front side, because in my opinion it was a lot more noticeable than their B-U-T-T. )

4 comments:

The Aguilars' said...

I love the ballett. I am so jealous. I would love to take the kids.

Shaulan said...

That's one tradition that I'll have to start next year with Kayla, especially since she started ballet this year! I just couldn't squeeze it in this time since we're traveling for Christmas, but you've inspired me to make sure I take her next year! Looks like a lot of fun!

Amber said...

That is so funny. :) I should do that with my girl, Meagan. She would love it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture of you two. It's a great tradition to do!!