Sunday, July 25, 2010

Totally Random Stuff

This is all totally random, and mostly for Howard as an update on the home-front.

Our completed front yard...Howard finished around the trees while he was here during his emergency leave. And yes, I mow my own lawn. It's not perfect, but a vast improvement when I first started. The first time I ever mowed a lawn, I was 21. Between age 21-25 I think I mowed the lawn 3 or 4 times. Once Howard had his surgeries (3 in 2 years) and has now been gone 2 summers in a row, I've had to step up to the responsibility. I'm actually quite proud of my accomplishment, for a city girl and all.

The plants have really exploded with life! Notice my garden flags. You can read more about the blue star flag here. It'll come down when Howard returns home.

Love it!
Notice the patio furniture on the porch. Howard picked it up while he was here. It really saved me the hassle of having to get a sitter for the kids just to pick it up, since it would fill just enough of the van that the kids wouldn't fit. It's amazing how simple tasks become difficult when 4 kids and no husband are in the mix.

Here's a better picture of Erin's hair (not wet). I curled it under for church this morning, although there was a little part that just wanted to flip out.

This was Luke during his morning nap (sorry the picture quality is poor). Looks like he's getting a little long for his mini-crib. I'll switch him to our toddler bed when he complains.

This is to show Howard how I hung our new picture frames. Ever since we moved to Oklahoma we haven't had the kids pictures up because I haven't had 4 matching (or even coordinating) frames that looked decent. Their pictures have been tucked safely away for the past year (and we've even been going faithfully getting updated pictures). I finally broke down and bought some frames.

Howard-If you can think of a better way to hang the pictures you can change it when you get home. Also, our family picture is on the adjacent wall to the left. I plan on doing more with that wall, it's a little sparse.

Howard's really good at helping me decorate. I'd definitely have to say that Howard collaborates with me extensively on our home decor. I love it that he takes an interest in those things. Also, we plan on getting a more efficient desk, but we just haven't found the perfect match for us. We've waited years in some instances until we found the right item, so we are obviously in no rush.

1 comment:

Amber said...

The yard looks beautiful. I love the stars on the house. I love the way you arranged the photos as well. You are a woman of many talents! :)