Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dash

For those of you who don't know, we decided to keep Dash. Actually...we originally were going to give him back after the trial, because the kids were saying that I was right after all, "Dogs are a lot of responsibility." BUT, 2 days before I was to return Dash to his original home, I fell in love with him. In reality, I wasn't a dog lover...not at all! They're smelly, hairy, and get into trouble. BUT Dash just stole my heart. He follows me around (even right now as I'm typing, he's laying at my feet under the chair I'm sitting in). He snuggles so nicely, and he adores me.

Here he is getting his first bath at our home. Erin was my helper.


Snuggled on top of me in bed.

Out on the front porch reading. He's an alert watch dog, very protective of our family. I'm afraid he will bark Howard away when he returns.

He loves relaxing.

Snuggled up some more in bed.

awwww...

I only let him in my bed at night when I read and in the morning (between about 6-8am).

He slept in late this morning.
He was cuddled on me so nicely that I didn't want to disturb him. I called the cell phone and hoped the kids would answer. I didn't want to holler into the other room. Luckily Erin answered and I quietly asked her to bring me the camera. She sure helped me out with that!

No comments: