Sunday, October 18, 2009

Live and Learn

While Howard was away, I struggled as a mother, wife and woman. BUT I also grew and came out a better person because of it. I hope I made the most of my time while we were apart. There are definitely things that I would have done differently, and a few moments that I'm not proud of, but my kids still love me and I still love them. We survived!!!

Here's a re-cap of my journey since June

Life Moments
2 missed birthdays (Howard 32 , Erin 6)
2 missed anniversaries ( 9 year Wedding, 8 year Temple)
1 broken arm (the tip of Erin's radius to be more specific)
1 dead car battery (my neighbor was my knight in shining armor that day)
1 potty trained boy
1 crawling baby (Howard missed half of Luke's life! He left when he was barely 4 months and came back at 8 months.)
2 tooth fairy visits (Howie and Erin)
2 new baby teeth (Luke's first and second)
2 parent/teacher conferences
3 fundraisers (I boycotted one of them)
1 zoo trip
3 museum trips
1 road trip (2 if you count each way)
2 rooms painted
1 whole house unpacked
3 sets of curtains hung
1 whole bedroom set assembled (bed, trundle, dresser, and nightstand all by myself!)
10 lbs of baby weight lost!!!!
a couple days of "The Office" marathon. (I watched every episode in about 2 weeks. It's my new favorite show.)
too many late nights

We've learned a lot too
piano lessons (we started with 3 students and are now down to 2, Howie and I are left.)
swim lessons
Girl Scouts
Cub Scouts
water aerobics at the YMCA (I'm the youngest one in the class)

No comments: