Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Zoo

Wednesdays are 75 cent days at the zoo this summer, and since today was cooler than normal (less than 90F is cooler than normal in July), we decided to get out of the house. It rained really hard this morning, but as soon as the sun peaked through we got in the van and left. The zoo is only a 20 minute drive away, which I'm very thankful for. We ended up only spending about 3 1/2 hours there, but we were all ready to leave by that point. It was very warm and humid (think Okinawa), we were a little crabby, and I think I could have seen more wild life at Cabelas. Most of the animals were hiding or some of the exhibits were under construction. For example, the zoo's 2 elephants are female and they're on loan to the Tulsa Zoo for about 2 years to shack up with Tulsa's male elephant to make babies. The children's zoo is under construction and won't be open until next year. We'll try to go to the zoo again next year when the children's zoo is open, Howard is with me, and it's not summer.
Proof that I took all the kids out for the day.

Proof that I exist and occasionally show up in pictures.

The following 3 pictures are to be viewed in sequence. Remember it was humid...the metal sculpture was a little slippery.

Jack slipped, bumped his face, and....
viola...a bloody nose. He didn't know he had a bloody nose when I took his picture. It wasn't gushing, so that's why I took a snapshot. We cleaned it up with a diaper wipe and were fine. He did start crying AFTER I showed him the pictures of his bloody nose.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Fun time. I hope you are enjoying your new life!