Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sayonnara

Good bye Okinawa! Thursday morning we boarded our bus to Naha and left beautiful Okinawa. Our flights went well. Not easy, but we survived and I think that made it successful. Jack was naughty in the airports, but well behaved on the plane. The other kids were perfect. I was just grateful that our kids were quiet. I hate being the one person on the plane that ruins the trip for everyone else. We had the most kids in tow out of everyone on the flight, but it was the families that only had 1 child that threw the temper tantrums. Ironic.

All of the Japanese people oohed and ahhed over Luke, even business men in their fancy suits. Babies are hard to come by in Japan.

Many tears have been shed over the past few days, but now that we are in Hawaii, it's time to relax and enjoy our vacation. Oh how we LOVE Hawaii. It's now Thursday morning (again), thanks to the magic of time travel and the International dateline.

4 comments:

Shaulan said...

Enjoy Hawaii! It's a great stop to make on that long journey back to the States. We will ALWAYS miss Okinawa and all of the amazing people we met there- including you guys! Best wishes on your move!

Hammacks - You and Me Plus Three said...

Have fun on vacation! I have to say I was a little sad reading this and could picture it all! Have fun getting settled in back in the good ol' US of A! Been great working with you and let me know when you get a NIKON ;)

Rox said...

Hi, I found your blog on the Hammack's blog! I met them on a flight to Okinawa, I was going to visit my husband there! Kristi had tons of tips on cool things to do and we kept in touch via myspace. Anyway, it's always great to know new military families! I hope you have a great vacation!

Angela Draper said...

I can't believe you guys have left! Pretty soon I won't know anyone in Okinawa anymore. Good luck on all of your travels and with buying your minivan (I love mine and hope you do too!).