Monday, May 18, 2009

Hawaii

Our Hawaiian vacation is coming to an end. We've had a pleasant time staying with Howard's Aunt Wendy. Her and her husband, Rick, are wonderful people and we truly felt at home while we were here. I'm short on pictures, sorry. We enjoyed the water park, Target, and the Polynesian Cultural Center while we were here. We wanted to do more, but we ran out of time.

Today we went to Church and afterwards we went to visit an old friend of mine (she's not old, I've just known her for 12 years). We had lunch with Cara and Ongo, they're such a cute family. I knew her when I was in high school and she has always been such a good example for me and I've always appreciated that. I'm visiting more of her family next week, I'm looking forward to that visit as well. Tonight for our Sunday dinner we had a cousin and her 3 children over at Aunt Wendy's house. Anela and I got to know each other well on my last trip to Hawaii 2 years ago. We both got married in 2000 and have kids the same ages. She's really sweet and we had a nice talk about Twilight. I haven't read the books, but I plan on it when Howard leaves for school in a few weeks.

The kids are FINALLY asleep and we've packed our bags for ANOTHER plane ride tomorrow. We're off to California. We arrive Monday night and then on Tuesday morning first thing I have to go buy a mini-van. I'm excited and dreading it all at the same time. It will be nice to get a new vehicle, but at the same time it's painful to have to spend that much money on a dumb van. Wish us luck and pray that we'll get a nice salesman that will give us a good price on the van.

No comments: