Thursday, May 7, 2009

Moving Update

First things first...I just wanted to share with everyone that we SOLD OUR CAR!  And we got a fair price for it.  We were afraid that we were going to have to end up giving it away. We're SO relieved that we got our money's worth out of it.  Every little penny helps go towards the purchase of our van in the States.  Tomorrow the movers come again to take away the last little bit.  This will probably be my last post for a while.  I'm not sure how often I will have internet access in lodging, and blogging probably won't be high on my list. 

Right now we are in the middle of packing our suitcases.  My bedroom looks like it vomited clothes everywhere.  We're having to decide what to take and what the movers take.  I really want to pack light, but it seems like that is nearly impossible with 6 people.  Friday afternoon we move into lodging.  I'll have a housekeeper for the week, HEAVEN!  

Yesterday was my farewell luncheon.  When my good friend Verenda said goodbye, I just broke down in tears.  I've been so blessed to have been able to have known such wonderful women!  I've learned so much from all of them and will cherish their friendships forever!  It's so hard to say good-bye, especially since I don't think that I'll ever be able to return to Okinawa. It's not like we can just get in the car and take a road trip!  

I need to close, if Howard catches me blogging, I might get in trouble.  He's outside with all the kids keeping them out of my hair so I can pack.  

1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

So glad the car headache is over for you! I hate packing suitcases, good luck with that.