Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Awards

School will be out for the summer on Wednesday. 
Monday and Tuesday were awards ceremonies for the kids.
I'm so proud of their hard work! 
It was a tough year academically, especially for Erin. We definitely need a break for summer.

 Erin received the "Silver Award" for all As and Bs.
She also received a medal for reading.


Howie received the "Silver Award" and reading medal also. In addition to that, he was awarded a trophy for working 2 grade levels ahead in Math.  We also received a letter from his teacher last week because he scored high enough on his State Standardized test to be considered for the Gifted Program at school.  He took the placement test the other day. I'm not sure when we will find out if he made it in the program or not, but it really doesn't matter. I'm just happy that he tested for it.  

 My sister and I are still puzzled why we were never in that type of program growing up. We received straight A and always sat at the "smart" table. Wish I could ask my Mom about that one. :/  Oh well...

I forgot to mention that Howie is in a cast. He broke his left arm while standing on the playground at recess. A kid kicked a ball and it hit him hard enough to break it. The funny thing was, Howie wasn't even playing. He was just standing around. He should get it off this Friday, just in time for camping.



I couldn't get a close up of Howie because of all the parents and he sat near the front. I got lucky with Erin, she had to walk past me to return to her seat. I wasn't as fortunate with Howie.



No comments: