Monday, May 17, 2010

Nauvoo

I'm such a dingle-berry!!! I've finally figured out how to add more than 5 photos at a time to a post. You will definitely be seeing more photos in the future. I'm also FINALLY getting around to our vacation before Howard left. I'll be going backwards, because that's how I feel tonight.

Nauvoo was one of the last places we stopped before my sister's and then home. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back. We didn't give ourselves nearly enough time to see and do all of the wonderful attractions that Nauvoo has to offer. I particularly love American history and artifacts, so this was great for me. Not my first time to Nauvoo, but still fun nonetheless.
Here's Erin in an 1840's nursery.

My favorite, the potty seat...so cute and little!

Howie taking a break from all the walking.

This is the Temple view from our balcony. We splurged since we were only there for 1 night and got a 2 bedroom suite just across from the Temple. It was one of the nicest Inn's we've ever stayed at.

It was SO foggy when we woke up that you could hardly see the Temple. When I took this picture, the fog had lifted considerably. The kids had a lot of fun on the balcony.

On the Temple grounds, so peaceful!

The flowers were GORGEOUS!

Luke's ready to go in! He was knocking at the door.

Down the steps like a big boy.

My favorite is the top window. It's so pretty!

Too bad for us, the temple was closed for maintenance when we went. But on a positive note, there were hardly any tourists and the weather couldn't have been more perfect!

On a side note - When Howie was a baby we were able to go through the open house of the Nauvoo Temple. It is so beautiful inside! It's probably my favorite Temple (but St. George comes in pretty close!). I LOVE old/historical architecture!

No comments: