Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Amish Country

  While visiting Missouri we went on a little trip to Amish country, about 30 minutes away from my sister's home in Columbia. I'll be honest, the main reason why I wanted to go was to *see* the Amish people. Of course that would be rude if that's all we did, so we made sure that we purchased items. We brought home tomatoes, jam, cookies, cinnamon rolls, and tummies full of pie. It was a wonderful step back in time and we thoroughly enjoyed visiting and talking with the Amish.  My children were especially interested in the children and enjoyed the interaction.

For the most part the camera stayed in the car, but I asked one kind lady if I could take a picture of her chicks. She said I could take pictures, just as long as she wasn't in the picture.  I snapped a few quickly before I put the camera back in the car.

We went with my sister and her two children. Having 6 young children in tow was a delightful surprise for the Amish. We received a lot of positive comments and questions. Several of the older ladies gushed at how "blessed" we were and then would tell us stories of their 10 or 12 children and 80+ grandchildren.








No comments: