Sunday, June 10, 2012

Scout Camp and Yard Sale

  Howard and Howie went to Cub Scout Day Camp this past week.  Instead of in the morning, it was "Twilight Camp", from 2-8pm. I personally enjoyed it because I didn't have to cook a substantial dinner all week. We had meals consisting of sandwiches, salad, and cereal (depending on the night). It was lovely.  The last day of camp, the families were invited up for a dinner and program. It was similar to a very large Pack Meeting.

The good thing for Howard was that he was able to take "permissive TDY" and go every day. Basically, it's free time off.  He's been able to do it several times since we've been married.

 
 After dinner we had to hike down to the fire pit for the program.
I love the totem poles!

 
 We sat in the amphitheater like area.
 
Howie and his pack performing a "call and repeat" song for everyone.


Luke was trying really hard to tickle me with some long grass. I just thought it was itchy.

Howard even received an award for getting the most bulls-eyes with the BB gun.
Way to go Howard!



On Saturday morning we had a yard sale. We've been going back and forth about having one or just donating our stuff. Our garage was getting cramped and we bit the bullet and did a yard sale. After the city permit fee, our profit was about $40. By far the worst yard sale we've ever had, but we didn't have a lot of good stuff either. I realized last night that I didn't plan well and should have scheduled it near a payday. We've been so busy lately I had to plan it when we had a free weekend. We still got rid of a lot of things, so our leftover donation pile is manageable to take downtown to the Mission now.  A few big items didn't sell, but I'll just post them to Craigslist. No big deal.


Since it was fairly slow, Howard took a ride on Howie's new trike. It's a Razor 360 and designed for older kids. It is crazy fun, even for adults! The best part is, Howie saved up his money and bought it himself. We told him he could wait until Christmas for us to buy it for him or he could buy it himself. He chose the latter.


It was a pleasant day and Luke decided to get a drink. He also found a frog and made it his pet for the day. We set it free when he fell asleep. I don't want a dead frog on my conscience.


A couple of weeks ago I went to a Spouses Appreciation Spa night. They had free hair cuts (amongst other things), but the stylist who was going to do my hair didn't have the right tools for what I wanted, so she gave me a rain check for her salon. I went in on Thursday for my free cut and my friend colored my hair on Friday. I love how it turned out. I think I might keep this cut for a while.  It's really easy to do. The only downside is that I was wake up with atrocious bed head. Seriously, it's bad.



No comments: