Thursday, March 17, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas...Part 1

We are on Spring Break and since our original plans of visiting California at this time were moved up because of my Mom, we decided to take a trip down south for a few days.  We arrived late Friday night (when I say late, I mean 1am Saturday).  We were able to play Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Tuesday was the trip home.  Without further delay...

Our Trip (part 1)

They say everything is BIGGER in Texas!


Some random stranger's pizza.


Sorry it's so grainy, I had to zoom in extra because I took the shot clear across the room.  I didn't want to look like a freak taking pictures of people eating their pizza weird.


We opted for the modestly large pizza, and still had plenty left over. It was SO good.  I highly recommend Big Lou's Pizza in San Antonio.  We were lucky and got there early for lunch on Saturday.  They said wait times get up to 3 hours on busy days.



What would be a trip to San Antonio without a visit to the Alamo?
We were a little board, but we can only blame ourselves for taking 4 kids and expecting them to be interested in something they knew nothing about.  Oh well, at least we tried.



Obligatory family picture...


So we weren't technically supposed to take pictures inside the Alamo.  My flash was off and my camera was hanging on my shoulder.  Can I help it that I "accidentally" pushed a button without looking?  I was very impressed with this shot!  The other "accidents" didn't turn out so well.


As we strolled downtown we saw this and knew Jack would love it.  It would move and roar, it was a wax figure!


Our favorite activity was the Hall of Mirrors.  The lights would change colors and the first time was rather difficult to get through, but very fun!


Here Erin walked into the mirror.  Ouch!


Once we came out of the maze we were greeted with CANDY!  Of course it wasn't free, but we're suckers for sweet things.


Howard had a great time picking out his candy!


Our last stop before we hit the Riverwalk was a service members Christian Society offering A/C, free snacks, drinks, and games. We LOVE free and ended up spending over two hours there.  It was run by elderly couples sharing the Christian message.  Our favorite "missionary" was their pet dog.  Luke LOVED him!  This is just one of the many pictures I took of them loving on each other.  We enjoyed a few games of checkers, chess, and darts.  We also got to add Howard's hometown pin on their maps they had of service members. 





2 comments:

Jay and Kara Barney said...

That looks like such a great trip. I'm glad you had fun. We had a good time at Jay's Basic Training graduation exploring San Antonio as well. I didn't think to go back but it looks like fun.

Cassandra said...

That pizza looks awesome!! I'm having pizza withdrawls ;) Looks like you had a fun trip! :)