Monday, March 8, 2010

Ride 'em Cowboy!

The week of Howie's baptism, Howard's father came for a visit. He wanted to see the Cowboy Museum while he was here so Sam, Jack, Luke, and I went for a visit one day while we had some free time. I swear there was a cowboy convention going on because half of the people there were in cowboy hats, big belt buckles, and boots! From a city girl's point of view, it was pretty of funny. (Of course since I was on their turf, I kept that to myself). The museum had a lot of different aspects of western life. My favorite was the western town, but because the boys were getting board, we didn't get to enjoy all that was there. I want to go back and ENJOY the sculptures, artworks, and clothing on display a little more without kids.
You know...actually READ about what I'm looking at!
The one room school house was my absolute favorite! They had the McGuffey Readers on display. I love the Little House books and it reminded me of that.
Fleming Mercantile, in honor of our good friends by the same name. We were married at their house!
This was the children's area with hands on exhibits. We spent a LOT of time here.
Just outside the children's area. This is how I want my backyard terrace to look one day, it was gorgeous!

No comments: