Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 366

Since Luke was born in Japan, his birthday would have been yesterday.
So that makes him 366 days old.

I cried last night knowing that Luke was going to have his birthday today. I wish he could stay little forever! It is so different between Howie and Luke. We were so excited for Howie to turn 1 and do all the things a normal baby does, it couldn't come fast enough for us. Looking back, it went a little too fast and now I try to savor every moment that I have with the little ones. That is why this birthday is bitter sweet. Also, it will probably be our last "first birthday".

Luke really needed help opening his presents. I guess he forgot the concept from Christmas. Howie eventually took Luke's hands and they did it together.

Playing with his new dump truck. We had a hard time deciding what to get him, but we ended up getting this, an aquarium lamp (the perfect fish for us, the kind that don't die!), nesting/stacking blocks, and a homemade blanket. He was sitting on the blanket when he opened his presents, the top is fleece w/stars and the underside is a bright green faux fur. It's SOOOO soft and warm.

He was the only one of our babies that did not know how to blow out the candle. I've been working with him on blowing the past couple of weeks, but he just can't seem to figure it out. I had to hold his hands back because he kept trying to grab the burning candle. I'll have no baby burns on my watch!

He thoroughly enjoyed the chocolate cake! Nothing fancy, just plain good.

He even took the time to rub it in. I'm a super smart Mom. It's too chilly to wear nothing, so he's wearing a brown onesie. Also, I ran a nice warm bath for him BEFORE we had cake, so as soon as he was done we got him right in with no waiting. Yeah, it only took the 4th time to think of this kind of stuff.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

happy birthday, Luke!

Shaulan said...

I can't believe he's one all ready! that's just crazy! Happy Birthday Luke!